Merry Christmas everyone, and hope you have a wonderful day. As we take time to spend with family and friends living out the true meaning of the holiday, anyone have a hard time actually taking some time to “REST?”
Why is that? Could it be that we keep working, even when we are overly tired, to gain recognition, to feel valuable, and to please others? We have a choice, don’t we?
Medical science tells us we are more creative, productive, and will live longer when we value our “rest’ time as much as we do the hours we spend at work.
As an entrepreneur, business owner, and one that was brought up to love to work as my identity; resting is a struggle. Anyone else in the same situation?
According to the latest figures I am not alone. We in America, are working longer work weeks, for longer span of our lifetimes, and feel resting is a luxury we cannot afford.
Today on this beautiful Christmas Day of 2012 I suggest we make a choice to not be like everyone else. Choose to see the value of rest, and plan how you are going to do it! This is not a matter of new year resolutions, it is a priority of health, wellness, and security.
Some tips to consider are:
1. find your worth and security that is not based on your work and achievement
2. prioritize better and plan time for rest
3. set definite work hours and quit on time
4. organize your work and work place
5. exercise regularly- no longer using work as an excuse not to do so
6. spend time resting with your family and friends with no guilt
7. spending less time in front of the TV where it is telling us to work more
8. do something every day you love doing that is not related to your work
9. create an easier lifestyle that focuses on the important and not the image of being busy
Do you need to rest? Take the time to do so, and see the difference it will make in your life, and in the lives of those around you.
Wishing for you and your family a wonderful Christmas, and making this a new way of life, where rest is valued!
“I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old familiar carols play, and wild and sweet the Word repeats, of peace on earth goodwill to men.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Have you heard the bells?
Written by “Simply” Sue Falcone- Owner of “Simply” Sue Speaks! your world known provider of Professional, Entertaining Speakers, Trainers, Life Coaches, and Authors.
“Be heard and seen in 2013.” We bring the “WOW” factor to your next event. Contact me, I am booking 2013-14 events now!