Do you know what event planners are saying about speakers? Certainly you are to be concerned with what your audiences think, but what about those that made it possible for you to be there?
There are over 60,000 professional meeting planners in the U.S. as well as those that are charged with that responsibility in addition to their “regular” job. They are a well connected group; so isn’t it time to listen to what they are saying, so you can make your events a win-win for everyone involved?
Did you know that 75% of planners are female? They love to work with people, and quite often their job and businesses depend on the success of the event you are contracted for. A trend in the meetings and event industry is to measure the ROI (return on investment) by conducting surveys using mobile polling apps, and Twitter feeds to determine future speakers and whether they will rebook you.
Speakers, here are the Top 6 takeaways event planners say they need from You:
- “WOW” the audience– Deliver a great engaging presentation, that will showcase you as a speaker, and the planner for booking you! It should be a win-win! It’s not just about you at all.
- Be dependable– Plan ahead, and make sure you are flexible enough to handle any unexpected emergency. Always have back-up plans for travel, presentation, and equipment failures.
- Be easy to do business with– Business practices should be above board at all times.
- Respond quickly with all requested information in a timely manner-. Planners are very busy, be sure to develop a great relationship and deliver what you promise on time.
- Contract should be clear and easy to understand– Make sure all details are carried out. Planners do not need any surprises from you.
- Stay on topic, in the time you are allotted, and use the equipment you required-For a professional paid speaker, this should be a given, but according to MPI (Meeting Professionals International) this is a major issue.
Remember event planners are your friends. They are as important as your audience; and they can be a determining factor for a great referral or getting asked back again. Are you listening?
Have a great speaking week!